Saturday, February 4, 2012

Next Please!! ;)

It's now officially a year since my breakup with Ian. And every once in a while, I get this feeling that maybe getting over someone you're in love with isn't impossible.

Unless... maybe you don't actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it.

But there's one thing I have learned in the process, and that's... the hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

So, from this day onward I won't let my thoughts dwell too much on the past. And shall make room for new things to come into my life and embrace my womanhood and SINGLEHOOD (if there's such a word..haha!) gracefully.

The next question is: Am I ready to date?

Hmmm...

Nah, at least not at the moment. I want to explore things on my own. I mean, I wanna enjoy the things I used to do without sharing it with someone special or someone I love i.e. the boyfriend, husband, partner, whichever! Because I sure do know how it feels. This time, I wanna know how it feels like to enjoy it alone. On my own. Self-fulfillment, I guess? Or self-discovery? Aaaahh whatever you wanna call it will do. Haha!

After a year... now, I feel good. No more drama and self-pity. No more tears and drunken and sober nights. No more flashbacks and what-if's-sleepless-nights. I've already had heaps of those. I was able to endure it for a year. On that note, I should better give myself a pat on the shoulder on this and tell myself,

"Good job, Denise! Now it's your turn. You deserve to be happy!" :)

I guess.. now's the perfect time for me to move forward. I can now face the world without having to fake my smile and convince my friends and my family that I'm okay. No more pretensions and poker faces. It's time to shine! Hahaha.

Now this feels even better! ;-)

I got two words for myself: NEXT PLEASE!!! lol


FACT: This is what I call my "healing song". The song that helped me cope up with the break up. It actually did a pretty good job. Cheered me up whenever I needed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment